Is this your first PE license?

Apply to Nevada for your initial license after you meet the following requirements:

  1. Education
    Have an EAC/ABET-accredited bachelor's degree or a Board approved equivalent.
  2. Exams
    Pass the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and the Principals and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam.
  3. Experience
    Four years of acceptable, progressive, and verifiable work experience under the supervision of a licensed engineer. 

Already a licensed PE? 

Become a professional engineer in Nevada by applying for a comity license. 

Nevada requires NCEES record for initial and comity license applications

Go to, to begin the process of getting a NCEES record.  If you need assistance with your NCEES record, contact NCEES at (800) 250-3196. After your record is completed, you must request NCEES to transmit the record to us. We cannot do this for you.  

Once you have a NCEES record, you will then have a record that you can maintain throughout your career with no charge for updates. Most states accept NCEES records, and in some states, licensing can be expedited with a NCEES record.  NCEES charges a reduced fee of $75 for transmitting a record to each additional state where you seek a license.

In addition to the NCEES record, please complete the online application below.  

Engineer Intern Certificate: After passing the fundamentals of engineering exam, submit an application to receive an engineer intern certificate.  

Initial and Comity License Application: After completing a NCEES record, please submit an application for license.  

Reinstatement of Professional Engineer License: If you were previously licensed as a professional engineer in Nevada, and your license has expired, please submit an application for reinstatement of your professional engineer license.  

Click here to start your application

To check the status of your application, contact Jasmine Bailey at

Nevada does not issue temporary licenses. You must be licensed to offer or provide engineering in Nevada.

Upcoming Deadlines for Initial License Applications

February 19, 2020 

For review at the March 4, 2020 Board Meeting

April 29, 2020

For review at the May 14, 2020 Board Meeting

June 18, 2020

For review at the July 9, 2020 Board Meeting

Are you a licensed Canadian engineer?

If you are a Canadian professional engineer (PEng), you can be licensed as a professional engineer (PE) in Nevada.  First, check with Engineers Canada to confirm you are listed on the Engineers Canada Mobility Register.  Click here to apply to the Engineers Canada Mobility Register. Next, contact Jasmine Bailey at for a comity license application and information on the licensing process.  

Are you a licensed structural engineer?

To become a licensed structural engineer in Nevada, the NCEES 16-hour Structural Exam, or a Board approved equivalent, is required. If you meet the exam requirements, and have a NCEES record, you can apply for a license in Nevada.  

Continuing education for engineers

Before renewing your engineering license every two years, you must complete 30 hours of continuing education. For engineers that are also licensed land surveyors, the 30 hours must include 10 hours related to engineering and 10 hours related to land surveying. If you are a NCEES record holder, you can maintain your continuing education records, free of charge, via your MyNCEES account.  If you are ever audited, Nevada can access your NCEES continuing education records to confirm compliance.  

If the state, where you reside and are licensed, has mandatory continuing education, when you renew your Nevada license, just send us proof of your current license and that will satisfy the Nevada continuing education reporting requirement.

It's the Law!

Update your personal contact information within 10 days of moving.  Update your employment information within 30 days of changing your employer.  To update your contact information, send us an email,


1755 East Plumb Lane, Suite 258, Reno, NV 89502

(775) 688-1231